Old news, but since I’ve had an uptick in visits to my site recently, I should probably put up a fresh, catching-up post.
- As of March 2017, I work for the City of Detroit now in the newly created position of Chief Storyteller. I lead a team of writers and photographers/videographers in creating content for and about Detroit. Questions about that? Email me at FoleyA@detroitmi.gov
- I was editor of BLAC Detroit Magazine from December 2015-March 2017. It was a thrill ride. Dream job. Loved it. But couldn’t say no to serving my city.
- “How to Live in Detroit Without Being a Jackass” performed wildly above my expectations, but the story doesn’t end there. I’ve edited an anthology, “The Detroit Neighborhood Guidebook,” out in August 2017.
- I get a lot of email now. For City of Detroit-related stuff, send that to FoleyA@detroitmi.gov. For general info on speaking requests, consulting, etc., go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I adopted a cat! His name is Chuck.